Work from Home
Interpreter Careers for People Who Prefer to Work from Home!
LanguageLine SolutionsSM provides work from home opportunities for multilingual individuals. Apply your language skills while enriching the lives of others and your own through a career in interpretation. Positions are available to individuals residing in the United States, Canada, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico or the United Kingdom.
Benefits of working from home
- Make money within the comfort of your home
- Obtain valuable experience to help advance your interpreter career
- Provide life-saving assistance and attain great personal satisfaction
- Choose from a variety of work schedules to accommodate your lifestyle
- Save time and gas money by eliminating your commute
- Spend more time with your family and friends
- Create your own home office environment, tailored to your preferences and needs
Getting Started as a Work at Home Interpreter
You only need a few pieces of equipment and a phone line to jumpstart your career at LanguageLine Solutions. We offer remote positions reporting to our corporate headquarters.
- A dedicated phone line. The telephone must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless, speakerphones, or cellular or wireless phones. This line would be for incoming calls only and without extra services (i.e. call waiting, call forwarding). Scheduled interpreters would be reimbursed for the installation of the phone line, and would receive a fixed monthly amount towards the service charge.
- A headset phone or corded headset with a noise canceling microphone and a mute button.The headset must be corded and plug into a corded telephone to allow you to work hands-free. Scheduled interpreters will be reimbursed for the headset phone or headset that you purchase.
- Lined paper and writing utensils. These instruments are necessary for taking notes and ensuring complete and accurate interpretation.
- Dictionaries or glossaries. LanguageLine Solutions encourages interpreters to have reference materials available at all times.
- A quiet and professional environment during work periods. It is important to have a quiet, peaceful environment so you can concentrate while working.