Advanced Medical Training for Oregon Interpreters
Become Qualified to Meet the State of Oregon’s Requirements for Medical Interpreting
LanguageLine’s web-based Advanced Medical Training for Oregon Interpreters is designed to fully develop medical interpreting skills while removing the constraints of time and place to enable participants to access the training from any location while eliminating costs associated with travel time and missed work hours.
Developed by a team of healthcare practitioners, subject matter experts, and professional trainers in the medical interpreting field, this program is approved by the Oregon Health Authority, Office of Equity and Inclusion, and the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program and endorsed by OHCIA.
- 60-hour web-based on-line training, supported by trainer’s instruction
- Self-paced training, stop and start at your convenience
- Live instructor-led sessions conducted over-the-phone for interactive practice
- User-friendly format that is easily navigated and backed by skilled tech support
- Downloadable support materials and visual graphics
- Continuing Education Points can be earned upon completion
- At the conclusion of the course the participant will receive a “Certificate of Completion”
- In order to obtain a Certificate of Competency in interpretation, the participant will need to pass the Interpreter Skills Test for the State of Oregon (IST-OR)
- The minimum passing score is:
- 75% in medical terminology
- A maximum of 3 accuracy errors
- A minimum score of 80% in knowledge of ethics and interpreting standards
- The Interpreter Skills Test for the State of Oregon is $110
- Travel time and missed work are no longer a concern and efficiency is increased
- For organizations, our web-based format supports large-scale training
Following registration you will receive a confirmation email. A LanguageLine scheduler will send a follow-up email with guidance for enrolling in the course.
Learn more about interpreting qualification and certification program.