Proudly Giving Back To Our Communities
LanguageLine employees regularly participate in events that support the communities in which we operate. Our team members create positive change through both corporate volunteering opportunities sponsored by LanguageLine, in addition to activities carried out personally by individuals. Our team members enthusiastically apply their skills and talent to help causes, projects and not-for-profit organisations.
Our efforts for positive and sustainable change are focused on the following high-impact areas: protecting the environment, reducing socio-economic disparities, improving physical health, supporting communal access to opportunities, and enhancing access to mental health/wellbeing support.
Learning more about the deaf community
Deaf Awareness Training
Our team enthusiastically participated in Deaf Awareness Training, enhancing our understanding of deaf culture and communication and fostering inclusivity and effective collaboration. Even learning some British Sign Language in the process. (June 2023)
Liverpool Hospital Welcomes Patients In Over 20 Languages
As part of the opening for the newly-built Liverpool hospital, we translated the phrase "Welcome" in over 20 languages for their digital welcome board, the biggest in any European hospital.
Battersea Run Through
Raising Funds for NHS
Nico completed the Battersea Run Through Half Marathon raising 250GBP in the process. "I ran for St. George's because of the life-saving work they do, and now more than ever we need to show our support for the NHS." (March 2023)
Sharing Holiday Cheer
Six members of the LanguageLine team volunteered to wrap an assortment of gifts for the children at St. George's Hospital Children's Ward. (December 2022)
LanguageLine Bake Sale
Delicious Fundraising Event
Who knew the LanguageLine team were such talented bakers? Everything from cakes, scones, and samosas. This delicious fundraising event helped raise over 1200 GBP for St. George's Hospital Charity. (November 2022)
88 Mile Cycle
From London to Brighton
After completing a similar cycle to raise funds for Prostate Cancer Research, Ayo completed the journey again. This time on behalf of St. George's Hospital Charity, raising 300GBP.
Inspiring & Coaching Tower Hamlets Teens
Four LanguageLine staff collaborated with the education charity, The Switch, which helps young people in Tower Hamlets fulfill their potential. The team provided practice interviews and general advice for 15 to 16-year- olds.
Liverpool Women's Hospital Breast Screening Flyer
Spreading Awareness In Top 10 Languages
To encourage breast screening appointments, we translated informative flyers to help spread awareness. These flyers wer translated into the top 10 requested languages in the hospital.
Liverpool University Hospitals Membership Form
In a bid to make the membership application process more accessible, we translated the Foundation Trust Membership Application Form into the top 3 most requested languages at the Trust.
We Are Dedicated to Driving Meaningful Change
Our Five Commitments
- Provide accessible, entry-level employment and training opportunities for local people and develop future talent.
- Promote workforce diversity by targeting harder to reach and under-represented groups and communities.
- Ensure employment opportunities are available particularly for those who face barriers to employment, and/or who are located in deprived areas.
- Deliver meaningful and timely staff awareness training.
- Take action to support the physical and mental health of employees and influence suppliers, customers, and communities.
- Implement social value objectives through our workforce and supply chains.
- Partner with voluntary groups, charitable and social enterprise organisations.
- Support voluntary, charitable and social enterprise groups.
- Be accountable to communities where we work and ensure a transparent and meaningful dialogue.
- Implement responsible practices to reduce carbon in our operations, materials and service delivery methods.
- Fulfill our share of the responsibility to keep the global temperature rise below 1.5° Celsius, continuing to reduce our impact on air, land, and water.
- Work with our customers and supply chain to deliver net zero carbon emissions.
- Continually develop our services, technology and products to maximise engagement between our customers and their communities.
- Consider the needs of all service stakeholders in development and innovation opportunities.
- Work to identify new and innovative ways to support communication and equal access to services.
Meet the Team
Leading The Way To A Bright Future
As an organisation, we pride ourselves on being a socially responsible business. Through this initiative, we hope to deliver a lasting, positive impact on communities, the environment, and the wellbeing of individuals.
Meet our dedicated LanguageLine Gives Back team members who are helping create a healthier, greener, safer, and more prosperous society:
- Lindsay Harrington-Tucker, Bid Manager
- Anya Roszkowlak, Bid Manager
- Kennedy Adamu, Marketing Manager
- Helen Sherwood, Head of HR
Follow Our Progress
The Social Value team have been working on some very exciting projects with our wonderful customers and their local communities.