Healthcare’s most trusted language-support partner
You no doubt believe that providing excellent care to every individual – regardless of language, culture, or ability – is the right thing to do. This can be difficult as the community you serve grows more culturally complex and multilingual. It is more vital than ever that you have a reliable language support partner that can help you seamlessly take on this challenge.
For nearly four decades, LanguageLine has faithfully delivered world-class interpretation and translation to healthcare professionals, caregivers and patients at their critical moments of need. We are exceedingly proud to be the trusted language support provider to hundreds of healthcare organisations across the United Kingdom.
When they partner with LanguageLine, these hospitals,healthcare providers and clinics have on-demand access to reliably fast, secure, scalable language services that are available night and day.
We provide our healthcare clients with 360 degrees of language coverage. This includes interpretation delivered by world-class, medically qualified interpreters, as well as on-time translation and localization of all vital documents.
We do all of this 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we do it in more than 200 languages.
Improve patient satisfaction
When you’re in the hospital, peace of mind is as valuable as receiving the best care available. If you can’t understand what your doctor or nurse is saying, and they can’t understand you, peace of mind is almost impossible.
This is the most fundamental way that professional language services affect the patient experience. By communicating with patients in a way that is culturally and linguistically appropriate, you are able to increase patient satisfaction and safety while building trust.
Professional language services reduce readmission rates and complications by providing an in-language experience from intake to discharge and all the way through aftercare. This facilitates better understanding and ultimately results in better health outcomes.
It also lowers the risk of misunderstanding, misdiagnoses, inadequately informed consent, and the inability to follow treatment plans, which can result in inefficient or ineffective treatment, increased expenses, and repeat visits.
Meaningful language access leads to greater operational efficiency. When you interact in a patient’s preferred language, you are able to reduce the time needed for each encounter. You also decrease the number of diagnostic tests that might otherwise be ordered.
Language access increases staff productivity, too. Your team will no longer be frustrated by communication barriers and instead will be able to focus on delivering outstanding care.
Provide critical language access, wherever and whenever it is needed. LanguageLine helps you deliver 360 degrees of language coverage:
On-Demand InterpretationInstant, round-the-clock access to thousands of world-class, medically trained interpreters via mobile, video, and phone in 200-plus languages, including British Sign Language.
Face-to-Face InterpretationSchedule an interpreter to attend meetings and consultations live at your required location.
Translation and LocalisationImpeccably accurate, on-time conversion of the written word, including websites, apps, enrollment and consent forms, educational materials, and discharge instructions.
MobilityOur app puts the power of 12,000 linguists in your pocket with one-touch, on-demand access to professional interpretation in 200-plus languages.
The interpreters are professional and deliver excellent interpreting services that mean our clinicians can assess the child or young person and their family have a full understanding of the management plan for their onward care.Head of Quality – Corporate Services, Trust Complaints & PALS Lead Wales
Why are Interpreting and Translation Services so important to the NHS?
- Patient care – Interpreters ease the tension and frustration experienced by patients who do not speak English and thus improving the quality of patient care.
- Responsive – Many limited English speaking people admit they wait for an emergency to seek health care, as they fear a situation where they cannot clearly communicate.
- Accessible – Limited English speaking patients without interpreting access return to emergency care more frequently than interpreted patients, increasing the cost of patient care.
- Efficient – Without effective in-language communication “Did Not Attend” (DNA) costs increase. DNA expenses are currently estimated to cost the NHS over £400 Million per annum.
- Cost saving – Limited English Speakers without Interpreters incur higher charges and longer stays than other patients, increasing the cost of patient care.
- Compliance – The risk of litigation is significantly increased if care is not provided in line with equality, human rights and regulatory frameworks.
Why do so many NHS trusts choose LanguageLine?
- Quality – You can expect the most professional, highly trained interpreters to provide medical translation services to you and your patients.
- Reliability – You will enjoy quick, easy access to professional, culturally sensitive interpreters 24 hours a day, every day of the year, clear accurate communication is crucial to responsive care of your patients.
- Cost Effective – Using our professional, easily accessible interpreters to provide medical translation results in more appropriate, effective care and more accurate diagnosis… fewer urgent care situations and reduction in unnecessary testing… clearer understanding of prognosis and lower costs of treatment.
- Security – LanguageLine Solutions provides only Enhanced DBS checked interpreters, so you can be sure that patient and staff safety is not compromised.