Become qualified to meet the State of Oregon’s requirements for Medical Interpreting
Web-based Advanced Medical Training for Oregon Interpreters
Training Objective: Fully develop interpreting skills, knowledge of medical terminology, awareness of industry-specific and regulatory requirements and provide documented proof of competency and training, while removing the constraints of time and place, allowing participants to access the training from any location and eliminating costs associated with travel time and missed work hours.
- 60-hour web-based on-line training, supported by trainer’s instruction (links to conference bridges provided upon registration)
- Self-paced training, stop and start at your convenience
- Live, mandatory instructor-led sessions conducted over-the-phone for interactive practice (dates provided upon registration for participant’s selection)
- User-friendly format that is easily navigated and backed by skilled tech support
- Downloadable support materials
- Visual graphics
- Developed by a team of healthcare practitioners, subject matter experts and delivered by certified professional interpreter trainers with over 20 years of experience in the medical interpretation, linguistics and education fields
- For organizations, our web-based format supports large-scale training
- At the conclusion of the course the participant will receive a “Certificate of Completion”
- Approved by the Oregon Health Authority, Office of Equity and Inclusion and the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program
COURSE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- Register by completing the required fields below.
- Following registration, a confirmation email will be sent with your credentials to the web training platform.
LanguageLine Testing & Training
Monday through Friday – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm PST