Develop Superior Skills in Medical Interpreting
Advanced Medical Training enables organizations to ensure the skills of their bilingual staff and in-house interpreters. As a result, it raises the quality standards to better meet regulatory requirements, increases patient satisfaction and preserves patient safety.
Advanced Medical Training for Interpreters
LanguageLine Advanced Medical Training is the most comprehensive, up-to-date training program, developed by a team of healthcare practitioners and medical trainers with more than 25 years of interpreting and training experience.
This web-based training program is comprised of the same 60 hours of content of the traditional Advanced Medical Training for interpreters, including 10 hours of live, Instructor-Led Sessions over the phone. The convenience of the self-paced training modality eliminates the constraints of time and place to enable participants to access the training from any location, at any time.
Benefits of web-based advanced medical training
The benefits of web-based advanced medical training include:
- Group discounts are available for cost-effective training.
- Travel time and missed work are no longer a concern and efficiency is increased.
- User-friendly format is easily navigated and supported by skilled tech support.
- Learning is reinforced through web activities combined with instructor-led sessions.
- Convenient, self-paced training modality eliminates constraints of time and place.
- 10 Continuing Education Points (CEP) from the ATA can be earned upon completion.
The medical portion covers:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Specialties
- Healthcare Practices
- Diagnostic Procedures and Testing
- Pathology and Treatment
The interpreting portion covers:
- Code of Ethics
- Linguistic Challenges
- Sight Translation
- Cultural Competence
- Consecutive Interpreting Skills
- Roles of the Interpreter
The curriculum is presented in a user-friendly format with easy navigation and skilled technical support. In addition, self-assessment tools enable participants to focus on their individual areas for improvement.
At the conclusion of any of the above courses the participant will receive a “Certificate of Completion”.