Advanced Medical Training for Interpreters
Advanced Medical Training from LanguageLine® is the most comprehensive, up-to-date training program, developed by a team of healthcare practitioners and medical trainers with more than 25 years of interpreting and training experience.
This web-based training program is comprised of the same 40 hours of content of the traditional Advanced Medical Training for interpreters, including 10 hours of live, Instructor-Led Sessions over the phone. The convenience of the self-paced training modality eliminates the constraints of time and place to enable participants to access the training from any location, at any time.
Benefits of Web-Based Advanced Medical Training
- Group discounts are available for cost-effective training.
- Travel time and missed work are no longer a concern and efficiency is increased.
- User-friendly format is easily navigated and supported by skilled tech support.
- Learning is reinforced through web activities combined with instructor-led sessions.
- Convenient, self-paced training modality eliminates constraints of time and place.
- 10 Continuing Education Points (CEP) from the ATA can be earned upon completion.
The Medical Portion Covers:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Specialties
- Healthcare Practices
- Diagnostic Procedures and Testing
- Pathology and Treatment
The Interpreting Portion Covers:
- Code of Ethics
- Linguistic Challenges
- Sight Translation
- Cultural Competence
- Consecutive Interpreting Skills
- Roles of the Interpreter
Course formatThe curriculum is presented in a user-friendly format with easy navigation and skilled technical support. In addition, self-assessment tools enable participants to focus on their individual areas for improvement.
At the conclusion of any of the above courses the participant will receive a “Certificate of Completion”.
FREE DOWNLOAD: The Guide to Translation and Localization
We have written the definitive ebook on how to best leverage translation and localization to create opportunities for your organization.
To download this FREE, comprehensive e-book, simply complete the form below.