While some business leaders are lukewarm about paying for professional translation services, the largest and most innovative companies invest hundreds of thousands of dollars – and in some cases, tens of millions of dollars – on translation and localization.
Because customers are more likely to buy a product or service when the message is presented in their native language, even if they understand the other language.
A comprehensive language strategy will benefit your organization in numerous ways, including:
- Accessing new markets and expanding existing markets
- Retaining current market share as demographics evolve
- Reducing cost as a consequence of liability, non-compliance, or inefficiency
Translation services are all about words. So naturally, let’s start with some numbers.
Translation services allow businesses and other organizations to reach the powerful non-English speaking population in the U.S.
- One in five U.S. residents already speaks a language other than English at home.
- The size of the limited-English speaking population in the U.S. has tripled since 1980.
- The buying power of the U.S. Hispanic market was $1.6 trillion in 2018, while the U.S. Asian market’s buying power was $962 billion.
Translation services allow you to reach more buyers, thereby increasing revenue.
- More than 80 percent of limited-English speakers prefer that information be in their mother tongue for online purchases.
- Almost 72 percent of limited-English speakers will only buy products sold online in their preferred language.
- Nearly 90 percent of limited-English speakers will make a buying decision when the information is in their language.
Translation services also enable outstanding customer service.
- Nearly three out of four limited-English speakers say they’re more likely to purchase the same brand again if the after-sales care is in their language.
- More than 80 percent of limited-English speakers desire customer care in their own language.
LanguageLine can help
LanguageLine created the language-access industry nearly four decades ago.
LanguageLine is able to get you connected to our team of 12,000 professional, on-demand interpreters via audio or video in 30 seconds or less. We do this in more than 240 languages. LanguageLine can also translate and localize your written content. We provide these services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.