People with limited English skills and those that are deaf and hard of hearing struggle to communicate every day. They may feel frustrated, intimidated, or isolated. When you interact with diverse communities, clear understanding is vital to the well-being and satisfaction of all those you serve. By bridging these language gaps, your organization not only prompts smiles and imparts relief but can also increase productivity, improve efficiencies, and comply with laws and regulations. Understand everyone you interact with no matter what language they speak.
No minimums. No hassle. Instant access.
Personal Interpreter is the ideal on-demand interpreting solution for small businesses, organizations, or individuals that need to provide interpretation services. Our 12,000 professionally trained interpreters are fluent in more than 240 languages, including American Sign Language. They can be reached via audio or video, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, whether you are in or out of the office.
Please note: This solution is not optimal for 9-1-1 centers, emergency services, and critical government services. If you need language access for these types of services, please contact us.
You have two options for reaching our interpreters:
- Simply dial a toll-free number we provide from any phone and enter your PIN
- Download the LanguageLine app to your device, enter your authentication code, and tap the desired language to be connected to an audio or video interpreter
Languages available on-demand, including American Sign Language
Create an account in just minutes
With Personal Interpreter, you'll be able to:
- Access professional, qualified interpreters 24/7
- Reach one of our 12,000 interpreters via phone or the LanguageLine app
- Pay via credit card. There are no monthly minimums and you only pay for the minutes you use
It only takes a couple of minutes to create an account. You’ll instantly receive an email with your assigned PIN and authentication code. You can start accessing interpreters right away. Pay just $3.95/minute for audio calls and $4.95/minute for video calls.
Login to your account
Already a Personal Interpreter client? Login to your account to access your PIN or authentication code; view your call reports; download invoices; or update your credit card.
If you need assistance with your account or have a question, please call Customer Service at 1-800-752-6096.
You may login to your account here.
Contact an interpreter by phone
Once you have created an account, you can reach an interpreter by phone using this simple process:
- Dial the 888.808.9008 in North America or 0808.234.4886 from the UK
- Enter your assigned eight-digit PIN
- Request the language needed
- In seconds, begin the interpreting session
- The interpreter can even dial a domestic or international number to conference in a third party
- If in person, place phone on speaker or pass handset back and forth
- Hang up to end the call
How to use the LanguageLine app
From your Smartphone, tablet, or laptop, connect to an interpreter through this simple process:
- Download the LanguageLine app from the App Store or Google Play
- Enter your assigned authentication code just one time and name your device for easy reference (the code can be used on multiple devices)
- Find the language you need by scrolling Top Languages, All Languages, or Search
- Tap the language choice for either an audio call or video call
- In seconds, begin the interpreting session
- If in person, place phone on speaker or pass handset back and forth or if a video call, make sure the interpreter can see the person who needs language assistance and the volume is up
- Tap the red phone icon to end the call
12,000Interpreters available on-demand
41Languages for video interpretation
4.7Average client video call rating (out of 5)
16.1 sec.Average connect time for audio calls
24/7Hours of technical support
95%Video requests fulfilled in video
We are in the business of delivering health care in multiple languages. We have to be prepared to communicate with all patients who come through our doors. We needed a more convenient and rapid means of fully explaining important information to our limited-English-speaking patients. With the use of the smartphone app, this has gotten much better.The Mount Sinai Hospital
The LanguageLine Solutions difference
World-class linguistsWe search the globe for the finest interpreters, then provide continuous training and education
Multiple formatsConnect with professional interpreters via video, phone, or mobile
Easy connectivityLanguageLine can be accessed via a landline, WiFi, or cellular networks
Instant AccessThere are no minimums and you pay by credit card only for the minutes you use.